Now more than ever, brick-and-mortar retailers need to work extra hard to drive traffic to your store and engage customers on many levels. One of the best ways to nurture that relationship with your customer is with in-store events. Successful events can lead to higher brand awareness, customer loyalty, and hopefully more sales.
Consider the following 5 ideas for your next in-store event:
- Host a Class – This is a great way to showcase what your products can do especially if you have introduced a new kitchen items, beauty products or crafts in your store. Round out the event with a gift basket drawing for those customers that attend your event. Consider recording the host and posting the video on your social media platforms.
- Runway Show – Have new apparel and accessories coming in for the new season? Why not host a Runway Show to launch the new collections? Bring in local models or even ask your customers to participate. Offer any customers who model for you a special discount or coupon for that day. That way, you don’t have to pay for a model and you can help spark immediate sales.
- New Product Launch – Celebrate a new product launch with a fun party-style event featuring champagne, balloons, and light appetizers. Offer a special promotion to jump start sales or even an Enter-To-Win giveaway. Doing a giveaway will help build your customer account list.
- Fundraiser Event – Team up with a local charity. Invite a representative from that charity to your event. Develop a theme for the event around a particular focus or cause for that charity. Consider giving a special discount to customers that make a donation to the charity.
- Meet-n-Greet – Consider hosting an invite with a local artist or celebrity. This is a great way to stay connected with the community and potentially drawing in new customers. Be sure to advertise your event on your social media platforms to drum up excitement.
Written by Catherine LeBlanc, Contributing Editor for OneCoast