With an increase in technological advancement comes an abundance of people spending mass amounts of time online, specifically on social media. There are more than 1.6 BILLION active users on Facebook and more than 500 MILLION users on Instagram each day. For these reasons alone, it is so crucial to have your business page represented on social media.
Ensuring your business page comes to life on Facebook and Instagram can provide a way to increase both your reach and engagement with new and existing fans. If you don’t, you may be losing out on potential customers. For some people, finding you on social media may be their only interaction with your business before deciding whether or not to purchase your product or service. That being said, take a look below at these 3 easy tips to ensure you are getting the most out of social media.
3 Tips and Tricks for Retailers to Utilize This Year
- Humanized Content: Small businesses have a higher engagement rate when posting pictures of people, such as employees. When you post content of your employees, it allows your fans to familiarize themselves with you and your business. When they walk in your store, they’ll recognize you/them from social media. This tactic helps the customer build both trust and a positive relationship with your business before ever walking through the door. Simple as that. Pictures of you/your employees modeling your products is a way to take positive community engagement online, into the store.
- Regularly update Facebook & Instagram: Finding your business on these platforms may be a customer’s only interaction with you before deciding to come in. It’s important that your information is updated regularly. Posting new products and deals can drive fan excitement and, even better, them into the store. I recommend posting 3-5x a week on each of these platforms to increase your engagement and following. Believe it or not, by updating your social platforms regularly, you could actually rank higher in search results.
- Brand consistency across all platforms: It’s important to have brand consistency across all your digital platforms so your customers can clearly identify you. I suggest incorporating things like the same profile picture, fonts, color identity, etc. on all sites. Make sure your brand has an aligned message across all social platforms (including your website) so that customers aren’t confused!
Now that you have a sense of direction about utilizing social media for your business, it’s time to start implementing it! Be creative and have fun with it! Let’s make 2020 the best year that your business has ever seen!
Share a comment about which tip helped most or an area where you struggle. I’d love to hear from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
About Bryce Gotuzzo, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Crystal Media
With his OSU degree in Marketing, years of experience in both the event and digital marketing fields, and passion for helping others succeed, Bryce Gotuzzo aptly operates as Crystal Media‘s Sales and Marketing Coordinator.
At Crystal Media, Bryce shines in his discovery process and relationship-building work with retailers and is ethically committed to finding the best solutions to CM clients’ business needs. Ensuring the most positive customer experience is always at the forefront of Bryce’s approach.
Bryce is from Temecula, California. When he’s not spending time with his teammates here at Crystal Media, he enjoys playing soccer, surfing, snowboarding, going to concerts, and shooting photography. Bryce can be reached at email@example.com
About Crystal Media
Launched in 2012 Crystal Media is THE resource for brick and mortar retailers who want to drive traffic to their stores using social media and digital marketing tools. You’ll learn how to grow exposure, turn traffic into loyal customers and that social can be simple.
Crystal Media training programs will teach you where to start to support your business goals, what to post to get maximum exposure and engagement, how to get in front of digital consumers, how to track social media success and much more. Beyond speaking at conferences across the world, Crystal Media also supports brick and mortar retailers through:
- Online training courses
- Crystal Media Insider Community: A private, exclusive group of retailers
- In-Person Workshops
- Facebook and Instagram Ad Management
For more information, visit our website at https://www.crystalmediaco.com/
Article written by Bryce Gotuzzo, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Crystal Media. Originally published on 2/3/2020 and reposted with permissions.