Written by P. Graham Dunn
A How-To Guide for Your Store
Do you love driving additional traffic to your store? We thought you might, so we’ve created a guideline for hosting your very own crafting party at your store!
Step 1 – Purchase Supplies
Newly available from P. Graham Dunn—an assortment of blank wood pallets that are perfect canvases on which your customers can create their own unique designs. Choose from 12 different varieties here.
Step 2 – Invite Your Customers
Spread the word and create buzz about your event! Several different ways to promote your event include:
- Social Media
- Create a Facebook event and post it to your page
- Use the Facebook post we’ve created here.
- Create additional buzz by sharing photos from the crafting party
- Create a unique hashtag for the event to collect photos from customers (ex: #PalletParty #CraftParty)
- Have a customer contact list? Send them a quick heads-up about your event!
- In-Store Posters and Flyers
- Spread the word in your store with in-store posters
- Drop a flyer in each customer’s shopping bag
- Sign-Up Forms
- Keep sign-up forms for your event by cash registers and train your staff to share info about it during checkout
- To make sign-ups seamless and easy to manage, consider using an event platform such as Eventbrite (eventbrite.com)
Step 3 – Paint, Craft, & Have Fun!
Our favorite step! Have fun with your event and don’t be afraid to get creative!
Additional Tips & Tricks:
- Limit attendees to keep the group manageable, plus create exclusivity.
- Leading a class may be overwhelming for many, so reach out to local artists to lead the class for you. This may also be a great opportunity for local artists to get their name out to the community.
- Consider offering light refreshments during your event.
- Looking for a design that others can replicate on their own pallet? Check out Pinterest, Google, and Instagram for inspiration!