Brown Dog Gardens is a unique, beautiful, and rustic gardening center located in Alpine, Texas. Last summer, they hosted two Fairy Garden classes. For families and young customers, Brown Dog Gardens offered one morning class just for this particular group. A second class was offered in the afternoon to adults only where they offered yummy Sangrias. From the photos below, you can see that Brown Dog Gardens set up long tables for customers to work from. This allowed for customer interaction between each other and their staff.
Here are some additional tips on hosting your own Fairy Garden Event:
- Make sure your inventory is well-stocked and ready for sales with all the planters, accessories, soil, pebbles, and tools.
- Invite local artists to be a part of your event and have them on hand to help your customers with creative ideas and direction.
- Consider charging one fee that would include one planter, soil, and pebbles. Then sell the Studio M Fairy Garden accessories separately.
- Request your customers to register for the class so that you can plan for space and seating accordingly.
- Serve up small appetizers and beverages to your customers such as fresh fruit and vegetables, lemonade, and iced tea.
- Take plenty of pictures and post them on your Facebook page.
- Lastly, set up a “clean-up” station for your customers.