Strong, eye-catching visual merchandising displays are key components to the success of any retail business. Displays set the mood for each and every customer that walks in your door. With powerful color, strong lightening, and amazing products, your visual merchandising displays are your “silent sales person” that should be included in your overall marketing plan each month.
Here are some quick tips you will want to consider when creating a display:
- Start with color: Determine what your color scheme will be for one display. Look around your store and pull products the match or coordinate well with your color scheme. Need help with color schemes? Here are a few: Color Combos, Colour Lovers and Pantone’s website.
- Decide on a theme: Are you pulling together a look around certain products or holiday? For example, maybe you would like to pull together an outdoor summer display. Consider pulling items together like birdhouses, flower pots, gardening items and even outdoor entertaining items such as paper plates, candles, and drinkware. Pulling a display together around a theme will give your customers plenty of ideas and will entice them to buy.
- Ever Changing Display: Ideally, you will want to change out your displays on a weekly basis. Moving and updating your displays will give your store a fresh new look for your customers. Not only will be make it more interesting to look at, your customers will also be more apt to return to your store on a more regular basis. It will make it appear that you have new products all the time.
Looking for creating display ideas? Check out some of my favorite places:
- Swirl Marketing & Retail Details Website
- The Retail Details Facebook Page
- OneCoast Facebook page – Our Retailer Friends Facebook Album
- Gifts & Dec
- Smart Retailer’s Display Gallery – They provide great display ideas by themes and holidays.
- OneCoast Showrooms – Dallas Summer Market 2015
BONUS: Sign up for The Resource to make sure that you are up to date on all display ideas, merchandising suggestions, vendors updates and much more!