Summer time is upon us! Celebrate summer fun in June and drive consumers into your store with an in-store beach-themed event.
Your Theme: Life’s A Beach!
Make your party FUN!!!
- Fresh flowers, Bright clothing, Beach Balls, Sunglasses & Sand Buckets set the tone.
- The local dollar store can be a great resource.
- String paper lanterns throughout the store and outdoors.
- Everyone wears beachwear.
- Rent a Tiki Bar to serve your guests from – Bright paper cups, plates & napkins are a must.
- Pull all your casual entertaining, tabletop, and hostess merchandise onto a central focus table and feature the merchandise in any promotions or giveaways you plan to do. Another table could include travel accessories – summer travel is something we all look forward to. And, don’t forget the key gift giving occasions coming in June – Graduations, Father’s Day and Weddings.
The music should reflect your theme. Here are some suggestions:
- Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffett, Steel Drum, Jan and Dean
- “Sun is Shining” – Bob Marley & the Wailers
- “Island in the Sun” – Weezer
- Shag Music
Drinks & Appetizers
- Lemonade, Punch, and Fruit Smoothies with Umbrellas
- Gold Fish Crackers
- Popsicles (nothing says summer like a cooling off with a Popsicle)
- Ice Cream- rent an ice cream truck to stop by your store and offer cool treats to customers
- Fruit on skewers – keep fresh in cooler
- Go to http://www.hawaiiforvisitors.com/recipes/tropical-drinks.htm for great drink recipes!
Give Away Ideas
- Fruit Smoothie Recipes attached to drinks umbrellas could be your gift with purchase- little effort & virtually free!
- Envelope of party mix with purchase of item from central focus party table- casual entertaining theme.
- Spreaders, bottle toppers, cocktail napkins, or any small casual entertaining pieces w/ a qualifying purchase
- Pull product from your theme table and create a prize basket.
- Sell chances, draw for winner & donate money to a local charity. 2nd place- Winner could receive a gift card to your store for their next visit
- Summer pass to a local hot spot, amusement park, outdoor concert or pool (contact the organization.)
- Trade free publicity for free passes for your drawing.
Partner up with a charity
- Park program for kids
- Clean up project for local beach, recreation area
- Charity Water
- Arts in the Park
- Skin Cancer awareness
- Summer programs for underprivileged children
- HINT: Tying your event to a charity can give you great PR. Inform your local TV channels, newspapers, radio stations and invite them to your event.
- Promote spring product by writing mystery discounts or give-away product on sand dollars. Customers pull a sand dollar from the pail to see what they are eligible for.
- Offer free gift wrap to everyone buying gifts.
- Work with your OneCoast territory manager to coordinate promotions, gifts with purchase, and/or giveaways with your favorite vendors.
Something extra special
- Host a lemonade stand. Go to http://www.alexslemonade.org for information on hosting a stand and help fight children’s cancer.
- Give away a loaded picnic basket & local Arts in the Park concert tickets. Offer to sell tickets for your local arts/symphony in exchange for a pair of tickets. Perhaps a local caterer will donate the treats to fill the basket, in exchange for promoting her service.
- Launch a Frequent Buyers Program.
- Issue cards that you stamp with every purchase.
- Give a discount or free product when a buyer reaches 10 purchases or something similar.
- This is the perfect way to build customer loyalty and promote some traffic during slow summer months.
- Send an e-mail blast to your customer base inviting them to bring a friend.
- Double your traffic. Offer a free gift to anyone who brings a copy of the invitation. This will help you measure your marketing effectiveness.
- Invite your local media to the event to cover charity partnership/give away.